Clustering activities will be implemented by DTO and The Centre for European Union Business Development (ABIGEM), ABIGEM is founded by DTO and DTO is sole shareholder of the company. Denizli ABİGEM, was founded in 2009 under the leadership of TOBB as an EU project. It provides training and consultancy services to increase the competitiveness of enterprises, especially SMEs. With successful works, it has become the point of reference for businesses in Denizli and even in many other provinces in the region. Denizli ABİGEM, which has been incorporated into our Chamber with all its shares since 2018, provides consultancy services on many projects that we are carrying out. The executive experience in EU projects make a significant contribution to the execution of our project.
Denizli Technical Textile Centre will be operated as branch office of ABİGEM (company of DTO) to ensure sustainability of centre. Therefore, clustering services will be provided by DTO and also ABIGEM. ABIGEM at the DTO, which established 12 years ago under EU Funded Technical Assistance Project, is one of the key actors in the field of supporting and promoting the internationalization of the Denizli economy and develop projects to provide the competitiveness and innovation of the Industry. DTO is developing and implementing several projects with ABİGEM, providing consultancy and training in cooperation.
In relation to the DCC TTC, DTO and ABIGEM were carried out the following EU Funded projects to support the Textile Industry including technical textile in the region:
Internationalisation support (= Access to third countries markets)
- Establishment of Aegean Information and Innovation Centre (EBIC) Project to provide SMEs services in the area of internationalization with Aegean University Science Technology Application Research Center (EBİLTEM) and Aegean Region Chamber of Industry (EBSO)
- Denizli in Afrika to conduct market research studies in South African countries.
- Training SMEs on Export
Access to public support (regional/national programmes, innovation vouchers, etc.)
- Establishment of European Information Centre (EIC) Project to provide consultancy services to SMEs on access to public support and internationalization,
Promotion of activities (marketing/ visibility)
- Training 260 SMEs on Internationalization, EU Legislation and EU Market under European Management System Project with the participation of Manchester Chamber of Commerce (UK), Drama Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Greece), Pécs-Baranya Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Hungary)
Support of knowledge transfer
- Training Consultants on SME Management.
- Training SMEs on Energy efficiency under Lifelong Learning project.
Innovation Management / Support of innovation processes (internal, external)
- Carried out “Innovative SMEs” project for promoting innovation in established SMEs,
- Implementing “Transformation to Technical Textile in Denizli” project to transform textile into technical textile manufacturing industry and increase the competitiveness of textile SMEs through establishment of common use facility and cluster approach capacity building activities.
Throughout DTT TTC, similar services will be carried out.